Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Quicky but a Goody

Hey everyone!
I was overwhelmed with the response to my last blog, and that's how it should be! God has done some amazing work lately and I love celebrating with all of you.
This is just an update on what has happened in the past couple weeks.

The thing that has amazed me most is the way the kids have been transformed. They are all still coming, even when I missed a day, they were all there the next day and no complaining. The biggest difference I see is in Shirley. She is not as shy as before. She laughs more and talks more. It really is a beautiful sight. Also, Luis Sayay who was one of the last kids to accept Christ has made leaps and bounds in only a short time. He is normally silent. He smiles and does his homework, but he keeps to himself. I often have a hard time even getting him to talk to me which can be very frustrating. Today during Student of the Day, Luis VOLUNTEERED to pray OUT LOUD on front of EVERYONE for the student of the day!! I was very impressed. Perhaps prayer means more to him now than before, I don't know. But it was shocking!

Today I talked to the kids some more about following Christ. I reminded them that now is the time to make the decision. Two kids stayed after again. Santiago (who is Katerine's older brother) and Kevin (who's brother is Luis Fernando) both stayed behind, and so did all their cousins and siblings who have already accepted Christ. It was obvious that they stayed behind at the urging of their relatives. In fact, Luis asked me if people could stay behind after to talk and I said, "yes, but you accepted Christ last week. What do you want to talk to me about?" He simply pointed at his brother.

So with Kevin and Santiago seated in front of me (and all the cousins and siblings around them) we talked about faith in Christ. The most interesting thing about it was that, because all the relatives were so excited about it they kept answering all my questions with enthusiasm. I had to tell them to be quiet and let Kevin and Santiago answer a few.

Both Santiago and Kevin accepted Christ today, which brings the total in two weeks to 12, and the total since I started here to 17!! The blessings keep on coming!

Santiago

Kevin
Please keep praying for these kids! And please pray for the future of the club. I have been informed that is someone doesn't take over it will be closed by the end of the summer. I do have a potential option right now, so please pray for guidance on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment