Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Fruit Just Keeps Coming!

God just keeps on going. I am truly astounded right now!

I found out about a week ago that a lady who was coming from the states was also bringing down Bibles for all the kids who got saved. What I didn't know was that her visit was going to snowball with blessings that I couldn't have imagined.

Over the weekend I also found out that a family of 6 and a friend of theirs were arriving in Quito from Ontario and they were interested in coming out to the club for a day. Seeing as I was already going to have the lady from the US visiting on Tuesday I decided to invite the whole crew along!

Yesterday (Monday) morning I received a call from a friend and found out that Samaritan's Purse was going to give shoe boxes to all my kids again this year, even though they were not giving in this province (they do a different province every year. Turns out that the lady from the US had connections with Samaritan's Purse and God used her to get this amazing donation). So what was going to be a simple visit with one person and giving out Bibles, became an event with 11 guests, shoe boxes, food, desserts, presents, Bibles, and a whole lot more!

Shirley and Vanessa with their new Illustrated Bibles
Trying desperately to get their attention while I give the gospel. Should have given out the presents AFTER. Haha
With our shoe boxes! Thank-you Samaritan's Purse!!

At the end of the club we were cleaning up and I went over to the kids who were all still looking through their gifts. I knew that Ariel wanted to talk to me about salvation and I made a general call, "Who wants to come and talk with me about Christ?"

4 kids came.

We went into the classroom, talked about salvation, and, with almost no hesitation, they all decided that it was time to give Christ everything!
Ariel was a little hesitant, but in the end he decided it was time (this was the third time he stayed after to talk to me about Christ).

I am very wary about just having the kids pray and calling them "saved." That can easily create a false sense of security. There are too many people who would rather see the numbers than spend the time making sure the kids understand. But I am very clear with them. I ask them all personal questions about where salvation is found and the cost of that salvation. While they know they cannot earn it, I make it clear that it is going to cost them their lives. That is where the rubber hits the road. Are they ready to give up the rest of their lives for Christ?

For Matias, Leidy, Ariel, and Sarahi, yes they were. Jesus is too valuable a treasure to leave behind.

Matias

Leidy
Ariel
Sarahi

On the ride home we were rejoicing together in God's goodness. It amazes me the way He chose to work things out. How He timed everything. How now, at the end of my two years here, He decided to give fruit. Someone asked me how many kids have come to Christ. I pulled out a list an counted. Out of the 25 kids in the club, 20 have made confessions of faith since December. 16 of them in the last three weeks alone!

Here is where I ask for prayer! There are only 5 kids in the club who have still not decided to follow Christ. Alex, Karen, Marco, Julieth, and Mateo. While a few of these kids are very young (Mateo is only 4), Alex and Karen in particular have shown interest, but always decide not to commit. Please pray for them! Pray for the families of all the kids that have decided to live for Christ. May they be examples to their family and friends.
Also please please PLEASE pray that someone will step in to care for the spiritual needs for these children. Sometimes I think that perhaps I should stay and do it. God is faithful and hears our prayers. Pray for this please!
Sometimes I think that if anyone decides to take over that I would just be amazed. I constantly think it is hopeless. But God has shown that He is a God of miracles. I am praising Him tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment